In the quiet village of Leni, an old door peeling from time and salt leads to a silent fenced garden, pervaded by the scent of jasmine, on which the three levels of the nineteenth-century building face: the ground floor, once occupied by the wine millstone and the warehouse of the island’s merchandise, is divided into two separate units (Antico Palmento and Casa Gialla), both with kitchen, accommodating up to 3 and 4 guests respectively and overlooking a small porch where you can relax on hot summer days among lemon trees, flowers and Mediterranean essences. A staircase leads upstairs to the manor house with sea view (Dimora dei Mercanti), which can accommodate up to 5 guests and consists of two bedrooms, the ancient mezzanine, two bathrooms, dining room, living room, balcony, double terrace and large Aeolian kitchen with separate access also from outside.
All rooms boast period furniture and original details that have been carefully recovered, such as the frescoed ceiling vaults and the floors decorated in nineteenth-century majolica from the kilns of Torre del Greco and Santo Stefano di Camastra.
A spiral staircase finally leads to the wonderful rooftop terrace, where, protected by the ancient mass of the Church of San Giuseppe, you can admire the marine horizon and the verdant profile of the twin volcanos of the island while tasting a glass of Malvasia and waiting for the sunset and the rise of the early stars.
To let you experience the atmosphere, the nature and the enograstronomic traditions of Salina and the Aeolian Islands as the seasons change, we are open all year round: the three units can be rented individually, sharing the solarium terrace and the garden, or you can reserve Palazzo dei Mercanti for up to 12 guests for exclusive use, as an ideal location for groups of friends or families, celebrative events, business meetings, workshops or for those who simply aspire to enjoy top privacy during their stay.
– 40% downpayment, balance 7 days before arrival, free cancellation till 7 days before arrival
How to arrive
– Salina has 2 ports, the main one is S. Marina di Salina e the secondary one is Rinella, choose this last one
– from Catania Fontanarossa airport: bus shuttle (1h40′) > Port of Milazzo > ferry (3h30′) or hydrofoil (1h40′) > Salina (port of Rinella)
– from the port of Naples: ferry (12h) or hydrofoil (5h) to Salina (port of Rinella)
– if you do not have your own vehicle from the port of Rinella you can reach the Palace by taxi or renting a scooter/car (book in advance)
– NB: from the half of June to the half of September you are not allowed to disembark with your own vehicle unless you have a reservation of at least 7 nights on the island
Itinerary Val di Noto and Salina
If you wish to design an itinerary that combines your stay in the Noto Valley and in the island of Salina, we can organise a comfortable transfer service that connects our houses in Syracuse and Modica with the port of Milazzo for your embark. Do not hesitate to ask us for any further assistance.
– you will be personally welcomed from 3pm to 9pm, check-out will be by 10am
– late check-in (after 9pm) is available with extra price, late check-out is allowed on request
– open all year round
Health, privacy & safety
– accurate end-of-stay cleaning and disinfection of the property
– linen cleaning and disinfection at high temperature
Info & policy
– step-free access not available
– parties are not permitted
– smoking is strictly forbidden and pets are not allowed
– disembark tax: not applied if you get off in the port of Rinella, 5 euros/p from Jun to Sep (2,5 euros/p off season) if you get off in the port of S.M.Salina